Thursday, December 31, 2015

Somerset Putri Harbour Hotel, Nusajaya Johor (25-27 December 2015)

Source: Google Picture

We decided to continue our stay in Johor in Somerset Hotel for 2 days. I was attracted to the place due to its location and apartment facilities. 

The location is also super strategic as it is situated in Putri Harbour, so if you need a bite you can just take a 5 minute walk to the likes of Sushi King, Batman Cafe etc. For those who's planning on visiting Hello Kitty World, this would be a good place to stay in. 

Check in was a bit slow, which I think could be better managed as they should have anticipated the crowd during the long holiday. Other than that we had a good stay,

The Room
 Ample of place to roam in during our 3 days 2 nights stay. It was a comfortable and clean space for the kiddies. Each room has a full kitchenette with all its appliances so I managed to cook meals for the munchkins on the days we wanted to stay in :) 

The toilet :) clean and I love the toiletries especially the hair conditioner

The Infinity Pool


 The pool is nice with a good view. It is divided into two sections. Adult/ children pool. Nothing special just your basic pool, There is also a simple playroom on the same floor. 

Breakfast Buffet


I was surprise that the hotel offered breakfast since there's a kitchenette in the room. They offer a super basic continental breakfast selection. I'm ok with the lack of choice but the food itself tasted a bit bland the two days I was there. Space is also a bit limited so I suggest you come down a bit early to avoid disappointment especially during weekend/public holidays

Facilities/ Surrounding Areas


There's a laundry area with washing machines and dryers (which you need to pay for tokens to operate).I find this to be super helpful especially after our Legoland water park adventure. Nobody want to  lug around damp clothes for days. So I did do our laundry during our holiday. Less things to worry about coming home, I say :) 



We took long walks in the morning along the harbor to look at yachts (boats?) We didn't make the trip to Hello Kitty world this time around as we've been there twice. We managed to  distract the kids with continuous trips to the nearby weekend bazaar and Toys R Us express :p. Anyway it a fun and much needed year end break. 

I rate the hotel at 8/10. I'm planning to bring my parents next time around and try the 2 bedroom apartment next. Inshaallah.